Tuesday, March 29, 2011

self-critique of my BFA project and process

Undressed
The Egret
29 March 2011

Undressed:
A hot sausage patty lusts over a loaf of french bread. When they finally come together and relish in their lust for each other, the two as a sandwich meet their ultimate fate as someone's lunch order.

The Egret: A lazy egret takes no interest in learning how to fish, so he becomes dependent on humans for food. When his food source ceases to replenish the bird, this sloth of an egret learns the phrase, "Eat or be eaten," the tragic way.

Intent: The intent of these animations is to comically deliver narratives that convey lessons of morality.

Source of main ideas: From the conceptions of these ideas, I knew I wanted to incorporate characters and settings that reflect my New Orleans culture and theme of self-destruction. I wanted to show how sinful acts are self-destructive to the body, mind, and soul.

Theme: Self-destruction through immoral behavior

Strengths: I think my strengths lie in the character development of these two pieces. Their personalities are well conveyed.

Problem areas: First off, I wish I could make music. I think my staging of shots could have been better and more interesting. I'd like to have more detailed and polished backgrounds and environments.

I have learned very much working on these two projects. I discovered how to create things in simpler and quicker ways. I learned new programs. Luckily, didn't run into too many frustrations besides figuring out what to do for my BFA. Editing sound and finding proper music were a bit frustrating at times. The whole project was a constant learning progress of putting together an animation, organizations, and new tools.

Undressed from Kim Broadbridge on Vimeo.



The Egret from Kim Broadbridge on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment