Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BFA Pitch

Well, I just organized my pitch. I feel that my concept is thoroughly thought out and that I have some interesting and unique ideas. I started writing for my pitch on Tuesday on paper. This morning in sculpture class, I talked about my BFA project with Tom Lee and showed him my ideas and Tom gave me some great things to think about. He recommended that I look up an artist named Bill Viola to see examples of how things are projected. The reason why I talked to Tom is because I want to make an installation. I believe that a project on a screen in a big white room is bland and uninteresting no matter what is on that screen. At least I'll be able to present my animations in The Show Up and Show out where it is appropriate, but the rest of the time, I want an environment more involved with my animation. So I've came up with some ideas and I've included them in my pitch. Whether or not my pitch and ideas go well, I am content knowing that I put a lot of thought and effort into this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment