Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Detailed Schedule and Plans for the Week and Semester

I have written a list of all the revisions and editing I want to complete. I have already started working on those revisions starting with ones for "Undressed." The past weekend was an experimental weekend to see how long it takes to accomplish these goals.

This week, I plan on re-ording the first few shots in "Undressed" so that it the communication of the two main characters make sense. I want to add a shot to the piece, that can be executed fairly easily and quickly.
I will then Story board those shots in order before the weekend so I can finish the revisions and edit those shots together over the weekend.
In addition to what I want to complete this week, I will write a list of the sound effects that I need for each piece and how I will acquire them. I will also search ideas for music/background sound and start planning when I will work on sound.

I will move on to planning editing and revisions for the next scene or collection of shots the following week and then execute those goals during the weekend. The visual refinement of the first animation should only take two weeks.
I plan to follow this pattern of work for my second animation "The Egret" as well.

An average of 4 editing and revisions are completed each week, meaning that I will be finished revising by March 10 at the latest. That gives me 3 weeks to tie up any loose ends before March 31. I have already listed what is to be done each week. I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt, because I may be more productive than I predict to be. When I animate, I just can't stop, but I have to take into account other things I may have to handle during the school year. If necessary, I will move my editing and revisions finishing date up a week, so I can have more time refining sound or other revisions. I'm still working on how I am going to work in time for sound development, but at least I am starting to plan out what I need and that's a big step. I should have a better idea of when and how to acquire my sound by next week. Each week I will improve and push myself to work harder than the last.

After March, I can more so focus on demo reels, DVD's, and whatever else I need completed by the end of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment