Monday, January 24, 2011

Job Research

So I did a few hours of research and found way more companies and studios than I did in previous job research.
Some of the larger film/video-related production companies in my area include, Robert Berning Productions (where I interned this past summer), Digital FX, Inc., local news stations, Incendii LLC, Red Pictures, Ghost Rider Pictures, Essential Images, Casanova Productions, Draw Pictures, LLC, Rum Productions, Scaffidi and Chetta Entertainment, Jeti Films, Morrison Productions, OZ- The Production Company, Fosterfilm, Inc., Endymion Digital Filmworks, Solomon Street Films, Louisiana Media Productions, Lucid SFX Development, Nims Center Studios, Digimation, and O6ee. These companies are in the New Orleans, Baton Rouge, or MS Gulf Coast areas.
Here are links to some of these studios:

These companies range in production from film, video, TV, music, sound, photography, visual effects, 3D modeling, editing, web-design, animation, graphics, and motion graphics, but I keep in mind that opportunity can lie anywhere.

There are a few freelance people in the field that I know and/or spoken to in the area as well, including the company for whom I did freelance over the summer.
I have a meeting with the Creative Director, CEO of "Bayou FX," which is a visual effects studio located in my hometown. I am meeting with him the next time I am home or over spring break.
I have also spoken with other freelance artists in the area, who most are willing to meet up with me and chat.

I'm pretty pleased with the amount research I've found.
I also am making sure I keep in contact with the people I've worked with and other contacts that I have that can lead to a possible job.
I think that the next time I research, I'll research careers rather than jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment